[ExchangeList] Re: Mail sent to invalid recipients - direct the NDR to go to a mailbox

  • From: "Brian Pituley" <bpituley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2006 08:17:13 -0700

http://www.msexchange.org
-------------------------------------------------------I set up a public folder
for catching all the ... stuff sent to
ex-employees.  Same idea, though.

Brian Pituley
Director of Information Technology
T: 408-441-3611
F: 408-441-8405
E: bpituley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

-----Original Message-----
From: exchangelist-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:exchangelist-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of John T (Lists)
Sent: Wednesday, September 27, 2006 8:03 AM
To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [ExchangeList] Re: Mail sent to invalid recipients - direct the
NDR to go to a mailbox

http://www.msexchange.org
-------------------------------------------------------OK, that is why I
asked, you are going about it the wrong way.

When a person leaves, log on as that person and configure the mail box
for a vacation message stating the person is no longer with the company
and then forward the incoming message to a central mail box for
management review.

Or, you could delete the mail box and create a central mail box for
management review and add the previous email address as an additional
SMTP address for that central box.

John T
eServices For You

"Seek, and ye shall find!"