Mail Stuck in Queue

  • From: "Justin Maas" <jmaas@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2003 23:26:16 -0800

Greetings,

I am having problems with the Exchange 2000 SMTP Queue, mail is stuck in
the queue, eventualy a NDR Report is delivered.

Background:

Exchange 5.5 Server Different Domain, functions properly

New Exchange 2000 Server seperate new Domain

Both Exchange Servers go through the same router the router has all
needed ports for Exchange 2000 to function

Mail flows correctly from the old Exchange 5.5 server

If old Exchange 5.5 server is turned of mail from the new Exchange 2000
servers still remails stuck in the queue

I have checked and Port 25 is open

Are there any other things I should be checking? The Exchange 2000
server passes the DNS test

Justin Maas