Mail Fowarding HELP!!

  • From: "Jason Toews" <jasont@xxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2003 14:04:46 -0600

Hello all,

I'm having a problem with our E2K server, our mail flows properly,
except when I want to forward a message to an external address using a
rule. In outlook 2000, I created a rule the when messages arrive from a
selected recipient, it's supposed to forward it to external address, but
it doesn't fire. I've tried having it forward to a contact with the
external address and I tried creating a mail-enabled contact and finally
created a user with the external stmp address, however it doesn't
forward the message out.

I can directly email the external address but not forward to it. I
noticed one interesting point. I enabled message tracking on the
Exchange server and I sent an email directly out to the external smtp
address - which was recieved.
The logs looks like this:
/O=HSD/OU=FIRST ADMINISTRATIVE GROUP/CN=RECIPIENTS/CN=USER
/O=HSD/OU=FIRST ADMINISTRATIVE GROUP/CN=RECIPIENTS/CN=USER
/O=HSD/OU=FIRST ADMINISTRATIVE GROUP/CN=RECIPIENTS/CN=USER
alias@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Then I manually ran the rule with the rule wizard and it appeared to
send the message out and the message was displayed in the sent items.
However I never recieved that external mail, and when I checked the log
it looked like this.

/O=HSD/OU=FIRST ADMINISTRATIVE GROUP/CN=RECIPIENTS/CN=USER
/O=HSD/OU=FIRST ADMINISTRATIVE GROUP/CN=RECIPIENTS/CN=USER
/O=HSD/OU=FIRST ADMINISTRATIVE GROUP/CN=RECIPIENTS/CN=USER

But the alias@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx smtp address is not visable in the log.
In the virtual smtp server queue's,it nevers lists the domain it was
supposed to be sent to.
The domain does show up it I directly email the address, like it should.

I'm I doing something really wrong here? Thanks

Jason Toews
jasont@xxxxxx