Mail Forwarding

  • From: Jared Teche <JTECHE@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList] (E-mail)" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2002 12:58:45 -0500

I'm having an issue and here's the scenario:

I'm in the process of Migrating my current Exchange 5.5 Org into the larger
Corporate Org.
I'm doing this in the slow and painful way of moving 50 or so mailboxes at
once, by creating new mailboxes in the new Org and copying the contents over
with ExMerge.
For business reasons, we are not able to give up one of the mail domains we
are using to receive mail, so people with an address in that domain exist on
both servers.
As we move people over, we set up a custom recipient on the old server in
order to forward e-mail until everyone is moved.  This seems to have been
working like a charm up until now.

If someone outside the server tries to send e-mail to more than one
recipient per domain (i.e. person1@xxxxxxxx and person2@xxxxxxxx), and both
of those people have been moved to the new server, one person will receive
the mail, but not the other.  The sender gets a reject indicating that the
other recipient could not be reached due to a restriction in the system.

I'm baffled as to why this is occurring, and am wondering if anyone knows
how to fix it.

Thanks,

Jared Teche
Network Administrator
SITEL Corporation
jteche@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
608-827-3862

SITEL IT, Information Technology at the speed of NOW!!