MX records

  • From: "Kern, Tom" <tkern@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Exchange Mail List (E-mail)" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2005 15:27:14 -0400

Hi, i have some viruses that are being sent from some internal infected host to
my exchange server. i think its using the mx record in our internal dns to send
it. Outside i have a postfix/calmAV/Spamassassin box that filters everything
coming in.
My question is- i want to delete the internal mx record for exchange. AFAIK,
exchange will use and A record to find other exchange servers in an internal
org. Will removing the mx record affect anything with my exchange org?
I have a public mx record set up already for internet email. this points to
postfix.

thanks