RE: MTA error on Exchange 5.5

  • From: "UCHE O.A" <uchay@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 03 Nov 2004 21:30:25 +0100

Hello,
I'll appreciate some help here. Sometime during the night, i noticed that mails to DL's were no being delivered. then the IMS service failed bcos its a dependency of MTA.

I've spent the past 11hrs trying to resolve the problem. I have a series of event ID's in the server event viewer (ID: 2219, 2152)

IS 2152: A fatal database error occurred, the database recovery operation was not successful and manual correction will be required. Details can be found in the file: E:\exchsrvr\Mtadata\.\MTACHECK.OUT\MTACHECK.LOG. Please contact Microsoft Technical Support. [DB Server MAIN BASE 1 67] (16) -

When i check the log file it says there is a missing file that i should copy from the \bootenv folder in the CD. Comparing files i don't see anything missing, but I've copied it all the same and it still fails. What can i do?

Uche

FREE pop-up blocking with the new MSN Toolbar - get it now! http://toolbar.msn.com/