RE: MSExchange.org - Real-Time Article Update

  • From: "Neil Hobson" <Neil.Hobson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2003 16:50:14 -0000

This article is a bit rough round the edges!

I mean, we're told to run EXDEPLOY.CHM - much easier to double-click the
EXDEPLOY.HTA file and you're straight in.

Also, if I've deployed IM or Conferencing I should consider deleting
these before updating the server?  'Consider' is the wrong word here,
since you have to REMOVE these before you can upgrade those servers to
E2k3.

And I'm also advised to run ntdsatrb.exe on the Exchange 2003 CD to
resolve duplicate Primary NT Accounts?  What happened to the Resource
Mailbox Wizard in the ADC?  Ntdsatrb.exe isn't on the E2k3 CD!

Hmmmm....4/10...must try harder.  :-)

Neil

Author: Markus Klein
primary email and collaboration system. With the end of Microsoft's
support of this release within 2003 they have to decide to move to a new
release of Exchange Server. Within this article you will get a detailed
overview on how to migrate an Exchange 5.5 directory to a new Windows
Server 2003 supported Exchange Server 2003 environment. Because an in
place upgrade is not supported, it won't be covered in this article.
Link: http://www.MSExchange.org/pages/article.asp?id=599

http://www.ntfaxfaq.com

Any view or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do
not necessarily represent those of Silversands.

If you have received this email in error, please contact our Support
Desk immediately on 01202 360360 or email help-desk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

http://www.silversands.co.uk