MS Exchange 5.5

  • From: norazman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2002 11:21:00 -0800

Hi All,

I'm System Administrator and quite new in Ms Exchange 5.5. I would like to ask
you something about it.

  1) I have 20 users connecting to MS Exchange and each of them has their own
mailbox. The size of mailbox
keep accumulating as they keep so many email in their mailbox. Because of this
Exchange database become very big and I check
exchsvr folder is more than 5Gigabite and took up my harddisk space. I asked
the users to clean their mailbox by deleting all unimportant email but the size
of exchsvr folder remain 5 Gigabite. It seems like even after deleting email it
doesn't affect Ms exchange database.
Is it possible to compress the database to reduce harddisk space ?

Kindly advise me.

  2 ) Could you pls give me  web site where I can get more info about MS
Exchange 5.5 ?