Looking for a Temp fix

  • From: "Andrew English" <andrew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2005 10:42:58 -0400

The guy who setup this Exchange box claims that port 25 was blocked so I
used DynaDNS to reroute 25 to 24 and told the SMTP server to use port 24
instead of 25. Anyhow to make a long story short I tested port 25 but
setting up a FTP server on it and attempted to login via my own network
via RDP and was able to get in over the internet; I have not been able
to get the guy who setup the DynaDNS accounts as of yet to redirect the
mail to port 25.

This company now has a new domain (another sister company under their
main one) who I setup on Register.com; their email obviously points to
port 25. So here are questions:

As a temporay fix can I add another SMTP connection to Exchange pointing
it port 25, and also creating a additional Publish SMTP route on ISA
2004 which pushes the port 25 traffice to Exchange until I can get the
guy to setup the DynaDNS connections to port 25 from 24, while keeping
the port 24 emails flowing in?

Thanks
Andrew