RE: Logging into OWA with UPN email address and password

  • From: "Periyasamy, Raj" <Raj.Periyasamy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Sep 2004 12:09:42 -0400

Hi Mike,

I am not sure how this will work, but you may try with a test user
account. Edit the User property, and in the Account properties, where it
says User logon name, use the user's email ID as the user name, and
select the correct UPN suffix. Leave the pre-windows 2000 logon name as
default, whatever standard you use. Then try to logon both ways, that is
using the "email id" as your UPN ID, and use the pre-windows 2000 format
and use the NetBIOS domain name and the pre-windows 2000 login name.
Check if this works both ways.

FBA really does not make any changes to authentication. However, I
prefer FBA as is uses SSL, and provides more presentable front end look
to the OWA in general, rather than a plain logon box.

Regards,

Raj