KMS unable to process client request

  • From: "Dan Vanden Bosch" <dvandenbosch@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2003 10:46:13 -0700

I enrolled a few users in KMS for Exchange 2000, and a handful of them had
trouble finishing the process. The yreceived the advanced security
temporary key. Then after they went to the tools menu in Outlook 2000
SR-1, whent to Options, Security, Get a Digital ID and Set up Security on
the Exchange server, they got a message back from the System Attendant
saying "Unable to create a Security Setting. Please request a new Security
Token and try again." Then they'd get another message from the MSEKMS
saying the message could not be processed.

The error in the server event log is EVENT ID 5069 which says KMS failed
processing the request because the mailbox was not the correct state.

Should I revoke the users in question and re-enroll them, or is there
something simpler to try?