Invisible SMTP Queue Growth!?

  • From: "Wakelin, Frank" <fwakelin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2002 12:50:04 -0700

I've just configured some of the built-in monitoring of Exchange 2000 (SP3).
Almost immediately I was alerted about the SMTP Queue growth.  It seems as
though since I first started the monitor, the SMTP queue has been continuously
growing.  The only problem with that is that I can't seem to find out where
this queue is growing.  All messages are being delivered as normal.  The SMTP
queue view (System Manager...Protocols | SMTP) shows no queues growing or even
containing messages.  Performance counters of SMTP Server show nothing in
local/remote queues.

Any why the monitor seems to think that my queue is growing all the time?
FRANK WAKELIN
NETWORK ANALYST
  tel: (604) 640-4096 (direct)
  fax: (604) 687-1415