Interview Question Prep - The results are in!! :(

  • From: "David V. Dellanno" <ddellanno@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 May 2003 10:28:55 -0400

First I would like to say thanks to everyone for their help.  Just as my
fears about my small environment experience, I was right about the
concerns of not having mid/large company employment.  They are passing
to hire due to the "lack of experience in a large company".    I
understand their concerns and I did take this newsgroups advise and
explained to them that I am practicing in my lab environment on
multi-sites and a larger scale Active Directory model.  What was the
most interesting part of the interview was that 90% of the meeting was
explaining about Sharepoint Portal and Sharepoint Team Services in which
that was my strongest subjects knowing this position was about an
Exchange Engineering position.  Below is a quote of their reply to help
explain where they are coming from.

"Very impressive resume, but base upon the interview, we felt that he

is lack of experience working at a mid/large size company. His Microsoft

experiences are departmental or small single site, single office setup.

I agree. The Home Depot experience would have been great, but it was for

short time and focused on demos.

I meant to get with you guys before you talked to him. Tom was
interested

in his Sharepoint Portal experience. He did seem to have, but since most
of

his work experience was as a consultant I wonder how he would handle our

workload..."

I am abit frustrated knowing that I am not as fortunate to work in a
mid/size companies but working in a windows 2000 for three years, I
don't feel that I am not capable of working or being of value to such
organizations.  Does anyone have any advise to my road block on how to
hand such concerns?  Also, having to be a consultant in Windows
2000/2003 a bad thing?

Thanks everyone!!!