Internet Mail Service

  • From: "Geoffrey de Caires" <gdecaires@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2002 06:54:28 -0800

Hi All,

I have installed SBS with service pack 3 and Exchange 2000 bundled. I
have successfully configured exchange so that inter-office mail can be
sent and recieved and on the server I can send e-mail to my ISP.
However, when I send a message from one of the client computers to an
external address, The message goes but is not recieved at its
destination. I then tried to access the Internet Mail Service from with
Exchange Administrator but all I can find in the connections tab is an
SMTP connector. When I try to install a new Internet Mail Service, I
receive an error saying that an Internet Mail Service is already
installed on this Server. I can't seem to find it in Administrator
though. Please advise  as to how I can configure Exchange to forward
messages to my ISP's SMTP server.

Thanks
BIM