Internet Email Routing

  • From: "Siuda, Reuben" <Reuben.Siuda@xxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 2 Aug 2004 08:17:18 +0100

I  work for a an org which is planning to have Exchange 2003 servers based
in USA, UK, Europe & Asia. All SMTP address are
<firstname.surname>@<org.com>. There will be 2 Exchange servers in UK.
Currently MX records for mail direct primary to UK site 1 then secondary to
UK site 2. Each site will have outbound access for SMTP mail.

The problem is that if links to UK offices go down international offices can
no longer receive internet mail. What we would like to do is to make each
site internet email independent (i.e. all Asia internet email goes direct to
and from Asia based Exchange server etc). Obviously we could overcome this
by using .Asia as part of email suffix but firm want to retain .com email
addresses only. Outbound email is ok as it can go via local SMTP gateway.

Has anybody therefore any recommendations on how we can direct internet
email based upon regional location of users?

The contents of this email are confidential to the intended recipient at the
email address to which it has been addressed.  It may not be disclosed to or
used by anyone other than this addressee, nor may it be copied in any way. If
received in error, please contact DLA LLP, a limited liability partnership
registered in England and Wales (registered number OC307847), whose registered
office is at 3 Noble Street, London EC2V 7EE on +44 (0) 8700 111111 quoting the
name of the sender and the addressee and then delete it from your system.

Please note that neither DLA LLP nor the sender accepts any responsibility for
viruses and it is your responsibility to scan the email and attachments (if
any).  No contracts may be concluded on behalf of DLA LLP by means of email
communications.

A list of the names of the members of DLA LLP (who are either solicitors or
registered foreign lawyers) and their qualifications is available for
inspection at 3 Noble Street, London, EC2V 7EE, UK.

DLA LLP is regulated by the Law Society and provides legal services at or from
offices in England and Belgium.  DLA LLP is a member of DLA Group, an
international association of law firms, the members of which are separate and
distinct legal entities.  For further information, please refer to www.dla.com
or www.dlagroup.com.