RE: Instant messaging

  • From: "Periyasamy, Raj" <Raj.Periyasamy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2002 08:18:42 -0400

Did you create the SRV record in DNS for the IM server ?

Author: Will Schmied, Date: Jan 21,2002, Its a very good explained
procedure to install Instant messaging service on the computer running
Exchange 2000.

        BUT..Still I could not find the solution to my problem, the
problem is:

        According to the article ,

        Creating an Instant Messaging home server:

        1.      In the Protocols node, which is under the server node,
right-click on the Instant Messaging (RVP) item, click New > Instant
Messaging Virtual Server, which will bring up the window shown in Figure
6.

        The problem I have is.... I cant find Instant Messaging(RVP)
item in the Protocol node. :(

        How will I be able to find out ......???
<http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/tsmileys/5.gif>

        Thanx In advance

  _____

        Do You Yahoo!?