RE: Instant Messaging

  • From: "Mark Fugatt" <mark@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2003 10:19:58 -0500

Hi Mark

Unfortunately the answer to your first question is no, as it stands at
the moment the only journaling feature of IM is client side and there is
no central logging of conversations with Exchange 2000 IM.

I don't know the answer to your second question but will look into it
for you.

FYI, I am not sure if you or the others are aware that IM is not going
to be part of Exchange 2003, Microsoft is working on a new product
codename "Greenwich" that is going to be a Real Time Communication
server, and one of the feature that I believe is going to be implemented
is journaling of IM conversations, below are a couple of links about
Greenwich if anyone is interested:
http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/features/2002/Oct02/10-08realtime.asp
http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/features/2002/dec02/12-09rtcommunicat
ions.asp