Installing Win2K on Dell PE 6400

  • From: "SAP" <SAP@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 15 Dec 2002 23:06:18 +0200

Hi Guys,
Its an off-subject question but please help if you can.

I want to install Win2K server on a Dell PE 6400 Server with 2 PERC 2/DC cards.
Each card has 4 hard disks connected (total of 8, each disk of 36 GB), I have
inherited this server from my .pred.eccesor and no idea why he wanted this
server with 2 controllers in the first place, my presumption that he wanted to
have a RAID 50, that is RAID5 on controller 0 mirrored to the other RAID5 on
controller 1.

My first question is, Can I have the system partion on a RAID.
If I can, then I would like to have 2 partitions from the first controller and
configure the RAID 5 with one disk as hot standby.
And only one huge partition on the other PERC Controller card with RAID 5 and
one hard disk as hotstandby.
I am following the DELL, PERC manual but it looks like its going to take me a
long time.
If some one out there has worked on this type of cinfiguration, please let me
know how to do what I am intending.
Thanks folks