Install Questions

  • From: "Lazor, Ed" <ELazor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 1 Jul 2002 11:48:28 -0700

Hi =)

I setup an Exchange 2000 server and people receive messages I send.  Before
changing my MX records to point to the new server, I wanted to make sure I
can send and receive messages ok by sending to user@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Messages sent like this end up bouncing with "unknown user" even though I
set up a Recipient Policy for servername.domain.com.  Any ideas on what I'm
doing wrong?

Is it possible for one server to handle e-mail from multiple Internet
domains without having to create multiple NT domain servers and Exchange
servers - or - setting up Recipient Policies?

Does the use of Recipient Policies mean one mailbox will become the resevior
of e-mail from multiple domains?  For example, does all e-mail to Webmaster
at each domain end up in the Inbox for the Exchange account Webmaster?  I'd
like to have separate mailboxes if possible.  It was easy on my Linux box
with Sendmail.  All I had to do was create mappings so that all e-mail to
Webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxx ended up in the mailbox of the user titled mydomain.

Hopefully I'm making some sense.  If not, let me know and I'll try to
rephrase my questions.

Thanks,

-Ed

This message is intended for the sole use of the individual and entity to
whom it is addressed, and may contain information that is privileged,
confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law.  If you are
not the intended addressee, nor authorized to receive for the intended
addressee, you are hereby notified that you may not use, copy, disclose or
distribute to anyone the message or any information contained in the
message.  If you have received this message in error, please immediately
advise the sender by reply email and delete the message.  Thank you very
much.