[ExchangeList] Re: Inbound Mail Failure Ambiguous Recipient AutoForward Issue

  • From: "Dolly Bareqet" <Dolly.Bareqet@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2006 14:41:51 +0200

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;251152

Dolly

  _____

From: exchangelist-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:exchangelist-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Andrew Hancock
Sent: Thursday, April 06, 2006 1:34 PM
To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [ExchangeList] Inbound Mail Failure Ambiguous Recipient
AutoForward Issue

We have just started our Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2003 Migration.
(better late than never)

Background

Stable Win2k3 AD environment, with three domain controllers with a
single Exchange 5.5 server and organization.

We've been testing this for many months in a lab environment. We
followed the Deployment setup, and checking logs as we go and have not
seen any errors.

We have just installed the ADC on a domain controller and completed the
two way connection to our Exchange server, and we've been checking that
replication is working for a few days before, altering the connection
agreement to the first Exchange 2003 (non clustered) Standard Edition
server.

Shortly after the connection agreement had be configured and replication
had started, the Postmaster for Exchange 5.5 started to receive the
following messages

The following recipients did not receive the attached mail. Reasons are
listed with each recipient:

<andrew.hancock@xxxxxxxx> andrew.hancock@xxxxxxxxx

      MSEXCH:IMS:IT::EXCHANGE 0 (000C0595) Ambiguous Recipient

The message that caused this notification was:

I believe this is somthing to do with Autoforwarders we have setup in
Exchange 5.5, and possibly duplicate smtp addresses in AD?

Any guidance would be grateful.

Andrew

04/04/2006

05/04/2006

The information contained in this e-mail is intended only for the personal and
confidential use of the recipient(s) named above. If you are not the intended
recipient(s) or the person responsible for delivering this communication to the
intended recipient(s), you are hereby notified that you have received this
communication in error and that any review, dissemination, distribution, or
copying of this message is strictly prohibited. Please notify the sender
immediately via e-mail and delete this e-mail from your system. iMDsoft shall
not be liable for any damage of whatsoever nature in connection with any
information received in error.