RE: Import - Export Utilities?

  • From: Dêniz Feital (Chiptek) <dfeital@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2002 16:12:48 -0300

        The problem might be some of these:

        The Exchange may be is trying to create a custom recipient when
actually it already exists, you might have to use the field mode in the
second column of your import file. This second column field name called
'mode' is very important, because you say what Exchange should do in case
the mailbox already exists, or in case the mailbox doesnt exist. Very
interesting.

        Or there is some field name written wrongly. This thing usually
happens (Murphy, you know).

        Anyway you should try a very simple import with only one user and
few columns are growning the import file to try to figure it out what is
going on. The Event Viewer usually tells you what was wrong when the import
does not work. The Event Viewer from the Workstation where you are doing the
import, not necessarily the Event Viewer from the Server.

        If you have Technet, try to check the article below, its very cool.

        XADM: Directory Import File Format [Q146304]

        If you dont have Technet, I can send you the article.

        Regards,