RE: IMF issues

  • From: "Carl Houseman" <c.houseman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2005 12:09:30 -0500

I stated several days ago that SP2 might not be a good idea for those
depending on the IMF to work properly.

I was asked for explanation, provided it, and haven't heard diddly since...
Yours is another example of how things have changed.

OTOH you should never have both SCL thresholds set to the same number.   The
threshold for "gateway blocking" should always be higher than the one for
"store junk".

I would suggest you turn gateway blocking off or set it to archive messages
so you can use the archive manager to examine and resubmit valid messages to
users. Of course that could take a lot of time, but at least the archive
manager makes it easy.  The archive manager is here:
http://www.gotdotnet.com/Workspaces/Workspace.aspx?id=e8728572-3a4e-425a-9b2
6-a3fda0d06fee

Carl

  _____