[ExchangeList] Re: IMF config

  • From: "Taylor, George" <gtaylor@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2006 09:56:40 -0600

http://www.msexchange.org
-------------------------------------------------------SPF record, ok, I'll
give you that.  The SPF record is specifically
designed to validate the source IP of an email sender, however, it
wasn't proposed until like late 2004 and I don't even know if it's IETF
standard yet....probably is by now.  But look at your statement that
"their ISP doesn't provide such a simple service" regarding at PTR
record which has been standard since BITnet. These rinky dink ISPs are
more likely to adhere to a 20 year old standard than one only a couple
years old.  Either your ISP provides the service your paying for or you
find another one, either you pass a reverse DNS lookup or you don't send
me email.

Trivia for the masses:  What did BITnet stand for?  And it's no fair
googling it, pull from the grey matter.

George Taylor
Systems Programmer
Regional Health Inc.