Re: IMAP4 Connector for Exchange 2000 Server ?

  • From: Dinesh Varrier <dineshvarrier@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "\[ExchangeList\]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 26 May 2002 21:21:32 -0700 (PDT)

 Hi Guys,
       As per ur distribution procedure is concern iam not sure about that but
as per IMAP 4 connector is concern , it will shows image of all mail contains
in Exchange server to all users thats all , it only shows mails at users end
when ur IMAP4 server is connected ..
Thanks and all the best
Dinesh
  Andy JONKERS <a.jonkers@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote: http://www.MSExchange.org/

Dear all,

I've read the discussion about the 3rd party POP3 connector to download
mails from an ISP and then distribute it to the users mailboxes.

What I like to know is the following: Does Exchange Server 2000 has an IMAP4
connector to read mails from another mail server, and then distribute it to
the users? If not, does a 3rd party software perform the job?

I'm curious, because we use a 3COM NBX Network Telephony Branch-Office
Exchange with a build in IMAP4 server containing voice messages.
Momentarely, we are using Outlook 2000 in Corparate Workgroup configuration
to work with our Xchange 2000 Server, and Outlook Express to handle the IMAP
messages on the NBX. It would be great if we could just use Outlook 2000 to
handle both.
I'm aware of a software called "IMAPSP for Outlook" from Syntegra which
makes it possible to handle IMAP4 and MAPI messaging systems with a
Corparate Workgroup configuration. But still I would like to know if this
can be done by the Exchange 2000 Server.

Thanks for any help,

Andy JONKERS