[ExchangeList] IMAP Performance

  • From: "William Holmes" <wtholmes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2006 14:35:35 -0500

Hello,

Can anyone point me to a resource on optimizing IMAP performance on Exchange?
I have many IMAP users many of whom use Thunderbird. Their clients are
configured to create a copy of all sent messages in their "Sent" folder. This
operation is quite slow in some cases. There are also times that they say the
overall IMAP performance is "Slow". I know exchange has to go through a
conversion process when using IMAP clients. Is there a way to improve or
otherwise optimize this process? Running Exchange 2003 SP2 on Windows 2003
SP1. Front-End/Back-End configuration.

Thanks for any pointers.

Bill