[ExchangeList] I ge

  • From: "Phil Marcum" <nusolmc03@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "MS-Exchange Admin Issues" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2008 12:01:17 -0400

I have Exchange 2007 and WSUS 3.0 running on separate Windows 2003 servers and I get this error when attempting to configure the E-Mail Notifications in WSUS.

System.Net.Mail.SmtpException: Mailbox unavailable. The server response was: 5.7.1 Client does not have permissions to send as this sender

   at Microsoft.UpdateServices.Internal.BaseApi.SoapExceptionProcessor.DeserializeAndThrow(SoapException soapException)

   at Microsoft.UpdateServices.Internal.DatabaseAccess.AdminDataAccessProxy.SendTestEmail(String emailLanguage, String smtpUserName, String senderEmailAddress, String smtpHostName, Int32 smtpPort, String recipients)

   at Microsoft.UpdateServices.Internal.BaseApi.EmailNotificationConfiguration.SendTestEmail()

   at Microsoft.UpdateServices.UI.SnapIn.Dialogs.EmailNotificationSettingsDialog.backgroundWorker_DoWork(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e)

What's driving me crazy is that the "Anonymous Users" option is checked on the Permissions Group of the default receive connector. I have a Distribution group created that's set as the Recipient and another wsusadmin account set as the sender. Both accounts were created in the Exchange management shell and the admin account is able to receive email. So I'm unsure as to why I continue to get this error.

Any responses appreciated.