RE: I found my mistake... Outlook connection with MAPI to front-end server

  • From: Frédéric Giroux <fgiroux@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2006 01:05:27 -0500

Hi guys!

With your different insights, I found my mistake. James made me realize I could
not connect using MAPI to a front-end server. This basically solved my original
problem as to why I could not connect using RPC over HTTP... I was trying to
connect using MAPI to the actual front-end server.

It is then when I started to think...  Proxy!!! The information is not on a
proxy. It is merely a path to find the information. So, I connect to the proxy
but I have to tell it where to find the mailbox.

Everything is working as it is supposed to now.

Thank-you for your replies. They really helped :-)

Fred

Frederic Giroux, technical director
Niveau3 Inc.
IT consultants