RE: How to transfer Exchange Server 2000 from one drive to other

  • From: "Periyasamy, Raj" <Raj.Periyasamy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2005 11:10:16 -0400

Rajesh,
If you are trying to move over the Exchange databases from one drive to
another, then use the Exchange System manager to move the data base
location. This procedure copies over the database and takes care of all
dismounting and mounting of the database for the move. Do not try to
copy manually, its not the right way to do it.

HTH.
Regards,
Raj Periyasamy
Systems Administrator