RE: How to prevent unauthorized use of my SMTP server?

  • From: manju <manjunatha.bn@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2005 17:27:04 +0530

Hi.

On  SMTP virtual server and go under relay restrictions  make sure the
radio button is checked "only these servers may relay" and bottom "
Allow all successfully authenticated
......................................... to send mails " Option is
checked.

and cherck for anonymous access is not checked on relay.

and furthur refer to article from msexchange.org link is in mark's mail.

On 8/9/05, Mark Fugatt <markfu@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> http://www.MSExchange.org/
>
> By default Exchange 2000 and Exchange 2003 do not allow unauthorised
> relaying, this article explain how to check:
>
> http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/MF005.html
>
> Mark Fugatt
> Dedicated Supportability Engineer (Exchange)
> Microsoft Services Organisation
> Desk:   +44 (0)118 909 5630
> Mobile: +44 (0)7966 858108
> MSN IM: markfu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Blog: http://www.msmvps.com/exchange
> http://www.microsoft.com/support
> Dedicated to proactively supporting Microsoft's enterprise Customers
> This email may contain confidential information. If you are not named on
> the addressee list, please take no action in relation to this email, do
> not open any attachment, and please contact the sender (details above)
> immediately. Information in this email is provided in good faith. If you
> are a customer of Microsoft, please refer to the terms and conditions
> which cover the provision of support and consulting services to you/your
> organization. If you are not corresponding in the course of, or in
> connection with a Microsoft contract or program with its own terms and
> conditions, please note that no liability is accepted by Microsoft for
> the contents of this mail.

Thank you
manju
Exchange administrator -IBM