RE: How to confirm a good or bad event log?

  • From: "David N. Precht" <discussions@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2002 21:29:05 -0400

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q174074

-----Original Message-----
From: Marvin Cummings [mailto:marvc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, August 22, 2002 16:31
To: [ExchangeList]
Subject: [exchangelist] How to confirm a good or bad event log?

http://www.MSExchange.org/

Can anyone point me to a resource that'll confirm whether an event log
is doing what it's supposed to do or if it's masquerading? This is in
reference to Security Event ID: 595 that I'm getting on my exchange 2000
server. The event is:
Type: Success    Event ID: 595
        Object Type:    Port
        Object Name:    \RPC Control\epmapper
        Process ID:1256
        "
        "
        "Accesses:      Communicate using port

I trying to troubleshoot what might've cause all of my server services
to stop and become unaccessible.

Any response is appreciated.