[ExchangeList] Re: How to address daylight saving time by using the Exchange Calendar Update Tool

  • From: "Periyasamy, Raj" <Raj.Periyasamy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2007 14:00:37 -0500

Per the article, yes, you have to. But if you read the article that says
how Outlook stamps Calendar time, it makes it a little confusing as to
why we need to run this tool. All calendar items are stamped with GMT.
Then, based on the client Time zone settings, the Calendar item's time
should be converted to the local time. So if the client and server are
patched, it should be sufficient to convert the GMT stamps into local
time. I am trying to research more into this.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/195900/en-us

HTH.
Regards,
Raj Periyasamy
MCSE(Messaging), CCNA

Is it necessary doing this if both server and clients are fully patched
with wsus?

How to address daylight saving time by using the Exchange Calendar
Update Tool

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;930879

And the tool:

Exchange Calendar Update Tool