[ExchangeList] Re: How to Clear Up Queues (and solve some of my problems!)

  • From: Simon Butler <simon@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2007 10:21:03 +0100

Quick way to deal with those messages while you wait for the DNS to clear is to setup an SMTP connector to route email via your ISPs SMTP server.

Also don't forget that the retry times for Exchange increase over time, so the longer it goes the more time between retries. However setup an SMTP Connector and the messages will be gone.

Finally - it isn't really the MX record that is causing the problem - but PTR (aka reverse DNS) records. You need to speak to your ISP about those. Ideally you should have the server announcing itself as the same name as on the reverse DNS. Your current reverse DNS record looks like a dynamic allocation, so messages will get rejected.

Simon.

--
Simon Butler
MVP: Exchange, MCSE

e: simon@xxxxxxxxxxx
w: www.amset.co.uk
w: www.amset.info

Need cheap certificates for Exchange, compatible with Windows Mobile 5.0?
Go to http://www.certificatesforexchange.com/ for certificates for just $20 a year.