How to.....?

  • From: "KEN MORRIS" <KMORRIS@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 May 2002 18:20:27 -0400

Hello to all,
I have had the following request from a user.

"I need a quick way to "download" all messages in my personal exchange
area to my hard drive?  It needs to be fast."

 They have Outlook 2002 on their machine. I know that the user has a few
thousand emails to pull down so doing an export is not fast enough nor
would the file size be small enough. It may have to come down a phone
line. Their only need is to be able to access the mail after, if it is
in text format, that does not matter. Any suggestions would be
appreciated.

Oh, and before I have questions as to why the user has so many, I can
let you know that the user is not on our LAN and is someone else's
responsibility! I believe the system has a 5.5 server.

Thanks for the help,
Ken