Here goes my first posting

  • From: "Ed Israel" <ed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2002 17:58:38 -0700

Can Exchange expose a POP3 service or other kind or service so someone
who is using an Outlook profile at home that ties to our company through
VPN could also get their mail using a different profile from home
through a POP3 or other type of service? Would this put a big dent in
security?

We have remote salespeople and I am running terminal services for them
so they can access an SFA tool. They are running mail through terminal
services so they do not have a way to download to a PDA. If they could
get to their calender through another mail profile by dialing in through
OWA or some other service they could then sync with their PDA.

Any thoughts? Thanks.

Ed
ed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
503 636-9682 x 204