RE: Help needed - Exchange 2000 admin groups

  • From: "Lomker, Michael" <mlomker@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Jun 2002 13:46:48 -0500

> The error states that the local bridgehead server has no information
> stores and can not be contacted & gives a code of c10306a4.

Can you see the Exch5.5 server from the Exch2k ADC configuration tabs?

Make sure that your connections tab in ADC has the proper login information.
Use Administrator for the "Windows server information" side and your Exchange
service account on the "Exchange server information."

> Any ideas or troubleshooting tips would be greatly apprecaited

I had one heck of a time getting replication working initially from Exch2k to
Exch5.5.  It sounds like you are installing a new domain and Exch2k server
whereas I merely upgraded one Exch5.5 site to Exch2k.

From what I can gather those automatically created "Config CA" objects only
replicate configuration data, not the entire directory.  You have to manually
configure connection agreements to get your Exchange 5.5 directory working with
Win2k Active Directory.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q300129

I know this isn't quite what you're looking for but I thought I'd pass it along
since I had to learn mine the hard way.  I ended up paying Microsoft for a
support call before it was over.