RE: Help Please!!!!

  • From: "Lorie Gordon" <lgordon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2002 11:57:00 -0600

I just did this last week and it was quite a project.  If you are setting up
Exchange on a backup server you need to make sure that the new server is off
the network and it must be it's own DC in a new forest.  Set the
organization name the same as your production server.  Actually, I made
everything the same just to be safe (Including the server name).  I use
Backup Exec and after many tries it finally works the way I want it to.
After you restore the Information store, create a user in AD and connect it
to the mailbox that you want to restore.  I installed Outlook on the backup
server for single mailbox recovery.  Now I can export all the mail from the
mailbox to a PST and import it back into my production server.  I hope this
helps!