RE: Help

  • From: "Mark Fugatt" <mark@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 17 Jul 2004 14:25:25 -0400

Nothing wrong with my mail system, in fact I see his message in my inbox
along with 247 I have yet to get too. I would certainly know if my mail was
bouncing.

Duke, I think what you seem to be missing here is the fact that Salim asked
a question without providing enough information for anyone to answers, and
his post also showed that he had not really researched the topic to any
extent, and on the face of it he knew nothing about his own messaging
environment.

This list may be intimidating to newbie's, but show me any list that is not,
some people have been on this list for a long time and although they have
never met face to face (which is something I would love to change) they
understand each others ways and manners, it just takes time getting use to
everyone, I think this list is one of the better lists, what you must
remember is this is not Microsoft Product Support, there is no written rule
that states you can't call someone a fool if you want, there is no rule that
states your question will be answered in a manner that you like, there is no
rule that states you will get an x hour response to your question, in fact
there are no rules (which is the way it should be), yet this list as
provided 100's if not 1000's of people with valuable help during it life.

I was prepared for Salim to send me screenshots of how he has the Connector
configured, and work with him on the problem off-list, which is something I
try to avoid as much as I can, and I am sure many others would have been
prepared to do the same.

So in closing, here is my message to any newbie's or lurkers:

"Don't be intimidated, don't be afraid to post your questions, if you think
the question is stupid/incomplete/irrelevant just be prepared for others to
think the same, provide as much information as you can about the problem
(inc error messages, Event Viewer errors etc), explain what you have already
tried, if you disagree with someone tell them you disagree without making
personal attacks, if someone posts something incorrect correct them, if you
know the answer post it, if you fix your own problem post what you did not
fix it, but the most important thing is to have fun"

Well that's my speech over, and if it offends anyone, hard luck :-)

Mark