RE: Help

  • From: "Periyasamy, Raj" <psraj@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2002 16:22:08 -0400

First you must make sure you are running IMS in your Exchange server. The
server which runs the IMS will be your SMTP server for the unix servers. If
you already have IMS running check the Accept Conenctions settings. If this
is set to Only from hosts using authentication, then you need to add the IP
address of your Unix server to the specify by host list. Once you do this
proceed to the next step. If the IMS is configured to accept from any host,
proceed to the step.

from the unix server,  do a "telnet xx.xx.xx.xx 25", where xx.xx.xx.xx is
teh IP of your exchange server
In telnet console type the following,

HELO
MAIL FROM:YOURID@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:FROM:YOURID@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
RCPT TO:YOURID@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:TO:YOURID@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
DATA
THIS IS A TEST MAIL
. (this is a "." you must type this)

Once you do this you should get "Message accepted" or a similar message.

Then check your mailbox to see if you got the mail. If this worked, you
should be able to send mails from Unix server.