Have server reply....

  • From: Chris Wall <Chris.Wall@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2004 16:11:56 -0500

Hello all,

Basic Info:
Exchange 5.5 on Win2k Servers

   I am trying to set up rules on some mailboxes that need auto replies.  I
am going through Rules Wizard, create new rule, start from a blank rule,
check messages when they arrive, where my name is in the to or cc box, have
server reply using a specific message.

   I create the custom reply and save it.  I can then 'run the rule on
messages already in the inbox' - but when I click Apply to save and 'Turn On
This Rule' for future messages that come in, I get the following error:

'One or more rules could not be uploaded to Exchange server and have been
deactivated.  This could be because some of the parameters are not supported
or there is insufficient space to store all of your rules.'

   I found a KB article that touches on this and indicates it could be a
space issue, but this is not the case.  I have over 150 GB's of space
available on this server.

   Any pointers or help would be appreciated.

Chris