RE: Hacking Personal Folders

  • From: "Mark Fugatt" <mark@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2002 11:50:08 -0400

Take a look at www.elcomsoft.com/ao2000pr.html

Mark Fugatt
Pentech Office Solutions Inc
www.4mcts.com
Tel:  716 586 3890
Fax:  716 249 0316
Cell: 585 576 4750
Visit www.msexchange.org for valuable information about Microsoft Exchange

-----Original Message-----
From: cstainer@xxxxxxxxx [mailto:cstainer@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, July 22, 2002 10:54 AM
To: [ExchangeList]
Subject: [exchangelist] Hacking Personal Folders

http://www.MSExchange.org/

RE: Hacking Personal Folders

I have a client whom had previously password-protected a personal folder
(*.pst).  Following a recent upgrade of her workstation she was required to
setup the *.pst once again as an additional service within the MAPI client,
however, has since forgotten the password.  Does anyone know any workable
process to "hack" the file and make it accessible once again.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, as it contains a fair amount of
critical information!

Regards,

Chris Stainer
IT Technician MCP
IT Support Services
Serco Aerospace Ltd.
Joint Services Command and Staff College
Faringdon Road, Watchfield, nr Swindon SN6 8TS

Tel: +44 (0) 1793 788444
Fax: +44 (0) 1793 788286
Ext: 8444

mailto:cstainer@xxxxxxxxx

The information contained in this e-mail is private and is solely for the
use of the intended recipient(s).
If you are not the intended recipient, you have no legal right to use the
contents of this e-mail.  Views expressed in this e-mail do not necessarily
reflect Government (Defence), Defence Management (Watchfield) Limited or
Serco Aerospace policy and we cannot guarantee that this e-mail or any
attachments are virus free.