RE: Global mailboxes

  • From: "Mark Fugatt" <mark@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 4 Jul 2002 13:28:22 -0400

Hi Darren

Welcome to the group :-)

Normally what happens is, you register a domain called acme.com and the
ISP is configured to collect all mail that is addressed to
something@xxxxxxxx, the portion of the domain name before the @ sign is
pretty irrelevant as far as the ISP is concerned they just collect it
all.

When the POP3 connector kicks in it look at the email addresses and
tries to match them with email addresses store for your users in Active
Directory, when it finds a match it delivers the mail from the ISP to
the users mailbox via the POP3 connector.

How is Altrincham, I used to live in Alsager, Cheshire until I moved
over here about 4 years ago, boy what I would do for a good plate of
"Fish and Chips" right now :-)

Enjoy these groups and read some of the articles the authors are pretty
good, even if I do say so myself.

Mark L Fugatt
Pentech Office Solutions Inc
Rochester, NY
www.4mcts.com
Tel:  716 586 3890
Fax: 716 249 0316
Cell: 585 576 4750
For MSN Messenger add mark@xxxxxxxxx to your contacts list
For answer to your Microsoft Exchange questions visit www.msexchange.org
"In God we trust. Everybody else we verify using PGP!"