RE: Global Address List and Outlook 2003 doesn't update

  • From: "Chris Wall" <Chris.Wall@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2006 10:11:34 -0500

Your Outlook 2003 client is running in Cached mode.

In cached mode, the outlook client downloads the most recently updated 'Offline
Address Book'.  You can do two things to fix this...

1. Uncheck Cached Mode for the Outlook 2003 user.  (I don't recommend this)

2. Update the frequency in which your offline address books are updated in the
Exchange system manager.  Be careful to the frequency of this - It could cause
additional processor use and network activity from Offline Address Books being
downloaded.

I have mine update 4 times daily - 6 AM, 11 AM, 4 PM and 8 PM.  I alert my
users that changes may not be seen for up to half a day.  (This way they learn
that to get a request completed, send it to me with appropriate notice time and
don't just throw it on me and expect it to happen immediately:)...  But that is
a battle we all face, right?)

Regards,

Chris