Giving other users rights to mailboxes

  • From: "Gabrie van Zanten" <gabrie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2003 08:15:26 +0100

Hi

I always have problems giving other users special rights to mailboxes.
We have a number of user-mailboxes that have to be shared by a number of
people. When opening that user mailbox in Adir Users&Comp, I go to the
Exchange props of that user and then Exchange Adv tab, the mailbox
rights. I then add a usergroup and give them full mailbox access rights.

But when one of those users starts outlook and adds that extra
user-mailbox, it sometimes won't open. Then I first have to create a
profile, logon as that user, open outlook and go to the mailbox props
and give Editor permissions on a number of folders.

Problem is that the behavior is not consistent. At least, I think so.
Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't and I bet I'm mostly the one
who is not consistent in the whole procedure. But what is the correct
way to give other users access to a mailbox, without having to logon as
that user.

Gabrie