RE: Gateway for Exchange 2003

  • From: "Medeiros, Jose" <jmedeiros@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2005 10:16:46 -0700

Hi Chris,

This may not be the answer your looking for, however if I were you, I would
replace that Exchange Smarthost with a Mirapoint Razorgate in front of your
corparate Exchange severs http://www.mirapoint.com/products/razorgate.shtml ,
Barracuda Networks box, Symantec and MacAfee also an excellent SMTP Smarthost (
In the Unix world they call it a SMTP Proxy ) with Anti-Spam and Anti-Virus
capabilities. Ax much as I like Exchange, I have concerns regarding possible
breaches in secuity using it as a SMTP front end in a large corporate or
government enviroment. There are a lot of worms written specfically to take
down an Exchange server and it's nice to stop them before the actually hit an
Exchange box.

Just a thought,

Jose Medeiros
Former Vice President and Postmaster NTEA
MCP+I, MCSE, NT4 MCT
http://www.sjpc.org/~medeiros