Front-end Exchange

  • From: "Donny Chuc" <donny@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2002 17:41:53 -0700

I'm trying to install a Frontend Exchange Server in the DMZ zone of the
ISA firewall. I followed the instructions from a microsoft white paper and
it says to open the following ports on the firewall: 443, 993, 995, 25,
80, 143, 110, 389, 3268, 88, 53, 135, 1024+, 445. I have created a rule to
open all these required ports for the Frontend Exchange Server. However
when I log in to the Frontend Exchange Server I try to query the Internal
DNS Server within our LAN by performing a ping request or nslookup. For
some reason I am unable to reach the internal DNS server or any server in
the internal LAN. Can anyone help me or provide me with any details to
help solve my problem please??

Donny