Forward mail to PST

  • From: Chris Wall <Chris.Wall@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2004 11:57:07 -0400

Hello all,

    Simple issue I hope.

    I have a remote sales person that has all mail forwarding to a PST file.
This is done instead of using an OST file, because of mailbox size
limitations...  Any way, helpdesk recently provided this person with a new
laptop.  I assisted them with setting up his Outlook profile (Outlook 2000)
to mimic his old setup (which had no problems).  This included setting mail
up to be delivered to his PST.

    The issue is that on random occassions, a few e-mails will not forward
from his mailbox to his PST inbox.  Or they take upwards of 15 minutes to
forward over.  There is no rhyme or reason to the e-mails that are slow to
move over or not move at all.  Some have attachments (smaller than 1 MB)
some do not.  Some are forwarded messages, and some are just new plain text
e-mails.  Like I said this is only affecting about 2% of his e-mails.  This
is more of an annoyance for him than anything...

    Any ideas what could be causing the slow or no moves from his mailbox to
his PST?

Thanks,
Chris