For Andrew- OWA Setup-the final step

  • From: mmmopo errer <hatem20072008@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "\[ExchangeList\]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 May 2005 09:15:16 -0700 (PDT)

dear andrew,

i am in the Process of it now,

so i will not need to install another server at all , i will work on the server
which is running the current exchange server 2000. but i will use the ISA
server to publish it.

note that, the exchange server now has 1 network card connected to my LAN with
the internal IP-address as the following :-

IP adrress:  192.168.1.25
Subnet:       255.255.255.0
D.Gw; :       192.168.1.1
DNS:           192.168.1.1

and the name of the exchange server is ( exchange.mmt-group.com) , so i will
add another Network Card to ISA server to be connected to ISP with the
following IP-Address :-

IP-Address :       62.36.3.25
Subnet:              255.255.192.0
D.Gw:                62.36.3.28
DNS:                  62.36.3.30

and i will make the publishing rule to work on that IP-Address, and i will let
the user to type in in there web browser :-

http://exchange.mmt-group.com,  and they should be able toaccess.

but the main thing, i did not request to change any thing in the DNS settings
at all,

all what i did i change the MX record to map only to my exchange server , that
is it.

i did not change or Add A recorde to map to this IP-address at all for the OWA.

so do you think i made something wrong.

Please confirm with me.

hatem

Andrew English <andrew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
v\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}o\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}w\:*
{behavior:url(#default#VML);}.shape
{behavior:url(#default#VML);}st1\:*{behavior:url(#default#ieooui)
}http://www.MSExchange.org/

I do your second choice already except I use 2003 server and Exchange, and ISA
2004 Server. I use OWA and RPC over HTTP. You can certainly publish POP3 if you
intend to go that route.

Andrew