[ExchangeList] Re: Failure to Mount exchange database -Exchange 2000 server

  • From: "Elmehdi Bendriss" <bendriss@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 14 May 2006 12:17:59 +0000

here is the description of your error :

Article ID: 307790

Article Last Modified on 11/1/2005

APPLIES TO

  • Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 Standard Edition
  • Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 Enterprise Edition
  • Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server Standard Edition

This article is a consolidation of the following previously available articles: 822934, 327065, 823169

SYMPTOMS

The Microsoft Exchange Information Store service may start. However, one or more of the store databases may not mount successfully. The following error messages may be logged in the Application log:

Event Type: Error
Event Source: MSExchangeIS
Event Category: General
Event ID: 9519
Error 0xfffff764 starting database " Storage_group \Database" on the Microsoft Exchange Information Store.

Event Type: Error
Event Source: MSExchangeIS
Event Category: General
Event ID: 9518
Error 0xfffff764 starting Storage Group Distinguished_name_of_storage_group on the Microsoft Exchange Information Store.

Event Type: Error
Event Source: ESE98
Event Category: Logging/Recovery
Event ID: 454
Information Store (976) Database recovery/restore failed with unexpected error -2204

Additionally, you may receive the following error message:
Exchange System Manager:

An internal processing error has occurred. Try restarting the Exchange System Manager or the Microsoft Exchange Information Store service, or both.

ID no: c1041724 Exchange System Manager

CAUSE

This issue may occur if either of the following conditions is true:
  • The streaming file (.stm) that is associated with the database has been deleted.
  • Permissions for the streaming file (.stm) that is associated with the database have been modified. Therefore, Exchange cannot access the streaming file.
These conditions may occur when your antivirus program scans the Exchange 2000 Server or the Exchange Server 2003 folders.

RESOLUTION

To resolve this issue, restore the missing streaming file from a good backup to the Exchsrvr\Mdbdata folder. You can also see whether the antivirus software moved the streaming file to the Quarantine folder. If the streaming file is in the Quarantine folder, move the streaming file to the original location. Then, configure the antivirus program so that it does not scan the Exchange 2000 Server or Exchange Server 2003 folders.

Note Some antivirus programs change the file properties to Read-only when the files are moved to the Quarantine folder. If you find the streaming file in the Quarantine folder, right-click the file, and then click Properties. Click to clear the Read-only check box before you try to mount the database.

For more information, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:

823166 : Overview of Exchange Server 2003 and antivirus software

MORE INFORMATION

The name of the streaming file corresponds to the name of the associated database file. However, the streaming file has a different file name extension. For example, the default mailbox store file name in Exchange 2000 Server is Priv1.edb. The matching streaming file for Priv1.edb is Priv1.stm. For more information about streaming files, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:

232323 : Native content storage in Microsoft Exchange

On 5/14/06, Willy Matuku <WillyM@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Dear All,

I have spent 2 days trying to resolve a problem whose solution I have been unable to get inclduing researching on the internet. I have tried most of the solutions without success.

I have re-installed exchange 2000 and whenever I mount the database I receive an error with event ID.9519 and the actual error is ID:c1041724   Exchange systems manager and the application logs gives the event id 9519 Source: MSExchangeIS

I have tried checking on the data integrity and is fine. I have also checked the various security allocation to the folders and they are fine. I have checked to ensure the necessary 2 files (priv1.edb and priv1.stm ) and available.

Does anyone have a solution to this problem?

Thanks

Willy

Bendriss Elmehdi
Administrateur Système - Maroc Telecom - DI/DT/PFS
Tel: (+212) 37 77 03 28 - GSM: (+212) 61 47 47 09
Microsoft Certified Professional
La théorie, c'est quand on sait tout et que rien ne fonctionne.
La pratique, c'est quand tout fonctionne et que personne ne sait pourquoi.
Ici, nous avons réuni théorie et pratique : Rien ne fonctionne... et personne ne sait pourquoi !
[Einstein]