RE: FW: Disaster Recovery Exchange 2K with Win2K AD

  • From: "Spencer Read" <spencer@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2004 20:45:47 -0000

I have also run into this problem, and after searching for about 3 weeks I
gave up and rebuilt the server.  My problem was something to do with DNS
that wouldn't allow DC's to be added.  I had uninstalled and reinstalled
DNS, tried numerous things off the KB and still got the same errors!

You can backup exchange and restore it to a different box, I didn't backup
the system state incase I transferred the problem.  I had to manually
created the AD users and then restore the Exchange backup.

6 months later and no ill effects so far!