FW: Corrupt file in Information store

  • From: "Adrian Bolzan" <adrianb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2004 12:57:01 +1100

 Hi,

I  performed the tests available on the TestVirus.Org webpsge
(http://www.testvirus.org/), in order to test my installation of TrendMicro
antivirus products- InterScan Messaging Security Suite (IMSS) and Scanmail for
Exchange.

Note: TrendMicro did not detect the Eicar virus in four of the tests, although
I am working with Trend to rectify this.

Message Path:
Internet --> Trend IMSS --> Exchange with Scanmail --> Outlook

Anyway, one of the tests (Test #8, Eicar virus sent using BinHex encoding
within a MIME segment) never appeared in my Inbox, although it did reach
Exchange.  How do I know this?  When performing my backups with Veritas
BackupExec 9.1 for Windows I see the following errors in the log:

-------
WARNING: "Virus Scanner Test #8" is a corrupt file.
This file cannot verify.

WARNING: "\\ISIS\Microsoft Exchange Mailboxes\adrian bolzan
[abolzan]&Finder&Unread
Mail&ÅãããããæææãæãææãææããããããææããããããæãæãããããããããææããææããããããæãæãããããããããããããVirus
 Scanner Test #8" is a corrupt file.
This file cannot verify.
Database or database element is corrupt

WARNING: "\\ISIS\Microsoft Exchange Mailboxes\adrian bolzan [abolzan]&Top of
Information
Store&Inbox&ÅãããããæææãæãææãææããããããææããããããæãæãããããããããææããææããããããæãæãããããããããããããVirus
 Scanner Test #8" is a corrupt file.
This file cannot verify.
Database or database element is corrupt
-------

How would I remove this message from the Mailbox?  I thought there may be a way
to do this using System Manager but I cannot find it.

Any help appreciated.

Adrian